Function, safety, and wear & tear testing, along with reference sample comparison & sample collection.
**Insert Video** - Additional Product Tests & Services
Want to see what we look at on a standard inspection?
What are product tests?
Product tests are additional instructions that check the product more in detail than a standard visual inspection. This could include things like plugging in a lamp or breaking a product to make sure it's built correctly.
Having good product tests is critical to making sure your inspection is effective & thorough. If you haven't already, start here & check out our get started video which walks through the Movley inspection process & why we give you the ability to specify your own custom instructions.
So what are the different types of tests?
- Function Tests- Pre-defined tests that confirm the product functions as intended.
- Safety Tests- For products with specific safety standards (i.e. electronic overvoltage protection tests, or checking a pot's max bearable temperature).
- Wear & Tear Tests- Simulated wear, tear, and abuse testing to simulate customer use and ensure your products are built to last.
On the next page of this module (Inspections 101), we'll talk about how to come up with product tests!
We offer two sampling services to help increase the effectiveness of your inspection. Depending on your product and needs, these can be critical to doing a good inspection.
- Reference Sample Comparison- Ship your product samples to our team. We compare your sample to the manufactured units side-by-side to ensure they meet the same quality criteria. Read more about this by clicking here or on the title!
- Sample Collection- Need production-grade units for marketing or want to see your defective units first hand? Our inspectors can pick specified units at the end of the inspection and ship them to you. Read more about this by clicking here on the title!
If you want to learn more about these two services, when to use them, and what product types they best apply to, please click here!